First, thank you to all who took my poll last week. I’ve read the results and appreciate the feedback I received! If you haven’t taken it yet, please do! 🙂 You can take that here.
Second, thank you to Moriah from Delighting in Him for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This award was designed for bloggers to get a larger following and for them to discover and connect with other blogs.
I am nominating six bloggers for this award:
2. Kaylin (https://pickedbyhandblog.wordpress.com/)
3. Taylor (https://taylorstuckswriting.wordpress.com/)
4. Anna-Lee (https://annaleeleilani.wordpress.com/)
5. Hosanna Emily (http://havingaheartlikehis.blogspot.com/)
6. Alyssa (http://forhisgreatname.org/)
I am asking these bloggers 11 Blog Award Questions for them to answer on their blogs!
The rules for this award are:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- List 11 random fact about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers who you think are deserving of this award (with less than 200 followers).
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are my answers to the questions that Moriah asked me:
- What inspired you to start blogging? I don’t remember what exactly inspired me to start blogging. I think it was the encouragement of my parents combined with a desire to try something new with my writing that might gain some recognition. I wanted to share my writing with a bigger audience.
- Who is your favorite author? I actually don’t like to read much, which is bad for a writer to say, but my favorite author would probably be Bethany Jett. She wrote The Cinderella Rule, which is a great book about dating for Christian girls.
- If you could book a flight for anywhere in the world, where would it be? It’d be fun to go to Paris!
- Favorite flavor of ice cream? My favorite flavor of ice cream is red velvet cake. It has chunks of cake in it!
- Which season do you prefer: spring, summer, fall, or winter? I prefer spring because it’s cooler than summer, and it’s usually sunnier and cheerier than winter and fall.
- Have you met anyone famous? I’ve met Rebecca St. James, but when I met here, I didn’t actually realize who she was.
- Hot tea or coffee? I actually don’t like coffee or hot tea. But I do like sweet iced tea!
- What is your favorite quote? Wow! I don’t know what my favorite quote is…There are a lot of good ones!
- Best activity this summer? The best activity this summer was going to the beach with my family for a week. We got to swim in the ocean, play sand volleyball, and go shopping.
- What Bible verse comforts you the most? The Bible verse that comforts me most is Proverbs 16:9, which says, “The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” It reminds me that God ultimately is in control of my life. Even if I don’t pick the “right” college major or get the “right” job, God will work out every situation because He is in control.
- Best-loved Christmas tradition or memory? My favorite Christmas tradition is eating together after we open presents on Christmas morning. We always eat cinnamon rolls, sausage, and hominy. We use the same Christmas-themed plates and cups that we used when we were little.
Finally, here are eleven random facts about me:
- My first pet (besides goldfish) was a beagle.
2. I’ve played piano for thirteen years.
3. My favorite sport to play is volleyball.
4. My favorite fruit is watermelon.
5. The weirdest food I’ve eaten is seaweed.
6. I have never owned a cat.
7. My favorite song is “No Filter” by Britt Nicole.
8. I used to work at Panera Bread.
9. My favorite color is purple (but I also like mint green and pink).
10. I am currently reading Get Lost by Dannah Gresh.
11. I’ve eaten Play-Doh, toliet paper, and a church bulletin…but that can be our little secret 😉
Thanks for reading! Enjoy your day!
So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another. (Romans 14:19 NASB)